none
LitDev's "LDSpeech.Listen" RRS feed

• Question

• The project I'm currently working on is an artificial intelligence assistant akin to Siri or Jarvis ("akin" being a rather broad term). I can already have a very primitive conversation with it, and it can perform basic tasks. The thing is, I don't want to have to use text input.

How do I use "LDSpeech.Listen"?

I appreciate any and all assistance!

--Jim

• Edited by Matrix V Monday, November 26, 2012 5:40 PM
    Monday, November 26, 2012 2:21 AM

Answers

• See the sample program that comes with the extension called "SpeechRecognition.sb".  Frankly the MS speech recognition is not very good unless you train it a lot and give it quite a small dictionary of words to work from.

• Edited by litdevModerator Monday, November 26, 2012 8:07 PM typo
    • Marked as answer by Matrix V Tuesday, November 27, 2012 2:52 AM
    Monday, November 26, 2012 8:06 PM

All replies

• See the sample program that comes with the extension called "SpeechRecognition.sb".  Frankly the MS speech recognition is not very good unless you train it a lot and give it quite a small dictionary of words to work from.

• Edited by litdevModerator Monday, November 26, 2012 8:07 PM typo
    • Marked as answer by Matrix V Tuesday, November 27, 2012 2:52 AM
    Monday, November 26, 2012 8:06 PM
  • Thanks Litdev! I got it working. Will I have to put all wanted phrases in the dictionary, or is there any way to get it to register combinations of dictionary entries?

In other words, would a dictionary containing only "small" and "basic" ever hear "small basic"?

Thanks for your help!

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 2:57 AM
  • Test and see, but my guess is that each word or phrase will be detected separately and therefore you are best putting "small basic" as a phrase if this is what you want a single detection to check for, otherwise you will have to detect "small" and "basic" as separate sequential phrases.  It is also probably easier and more reliable for the system to recognise longer phrases with more confidense.
    Tuesday, November 27, 2012 6:27 AM