How to Guide for deploying club starter kit to go daddy RRS feed

• Question

• User-476847374 posted

Hello all,

I have found a great deal of information on here about how to get the club starter kit running on a go daddy hosting account.  I think I hit just about every snag listed here.

Connection String Issue, Unknown server tag 'Club:RolloverButton'.  to name a few.  All of the information was great, and I really thought I was going to resolve the issues...but I am at a loss.

I have followed all deployment steps, and setup everything at go daddy.  I am still getting the 'Club:' error.

Check it out

Any suggestions?

I set namespace='ClubSite' on all the pages.

Thursday, January 31, 2008 4:26 PM

All replies

• User-55569844 posted

Alohas - -

That link doesn't take you to any place useful. (It seems to be a placeholder "welcome" for a future site.)

Love to see whatever "Guide" you've put together.

mahalos/thanks ... KevInKauai

Tuesday, February 5, 2008 5:17 PM
  • User205197355 posted

Hi Rkaiser58

I followed the link to you site (checkitout) above and was able to create a test user account. Looks like you resolved the issue you were running into?

I am using version 3.1 beta and have not been able to get over the "security exception error" due to Godaddy setting application to run on Medium trust. Did you run into that as well? Did you resolve the medium trust issue? Thanks for sharing your solutions.

Mok.

Monday, February 11, 2008 10:18 PM
  • User-476847374 posted

Mok,

I had been in contact with the folks at godaddy, and after having them tell me they do '0' database support, I decided to switch to gate.com.  Now, gate has the club starter kit available as a free extra.  All you have to do is set the database, click the add club starter kit, and you are off and running.  I am paying about 10.00 a month.

Now for the cool part.  I did not want to use SQL scripts to manage my users, and like what the 2.0 kit had to offer.  So instead of installing their free club kit option, I did the following:

I set up the database just like I would have normally.

I installed the 2.0 kit data into the root directory of my site.

I used visual studio to edit the web.config to point to my database, and a sql writer to add the information to the database.

I was up and running in about an hour.  It was great, no access errors etc.  I am not overly thrilled with the 10.00 a month as opposed to free, but I wasn't getting a great deal of feedback from people on how to get around all of the godaddy issues.  Besides the fact that nobody at godaddy has the technical expertise to chnage trust, or even talk to me about the database.

Good Luck, let me know what you decide to try.  If I can see one person get it working on godaddy, I'd consider giving it a second shot.  THANKS!

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 9:15 AM
  • User205197355 posted

Thanks for the feedback, I am about to dump Godaddy as well, you're right they are ZERO help with any issue that doesn't deal with selling you more services...And by the way I am paying the same per month with Godaddy. I will give it another try to see if I can get passed this medium trust stuff, otherwise I am switching.

Mok. 

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 1:50 PM
  • User-476847374 posted

Good Luck.  If you are looking for a service, take a look at www.gate.com. They are a little slow getting on the phone, but there is usually a tech that can offer at least some direction.  If you choose them, just reply to this thread if you need a hand setting up.  I have a watch on it for updates.

Thanks!

Ron 

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 3:12 PM
  • User-974637603 posted

Ron,

I am trying to install the club starter kit on www.gate.com, and would like a helping hand from someone who has done it before. Is your offer still on?

Thanks,

Siva

Monday, September 14, 2009 12:25 PM
  • User403614158 posted

Hi Mok, do you have an example of a running Club Starter kit hosted on gate?

Also, does the starter kit Gate provides include Statistics, Teams, Players etc.  There have been some builds of CSK that include it and some that don't.  Those that do I have found do not work correctly.

THANKS!!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 4:25 PM