Expression Blend 2 button fades in and out after click RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on my first few Expression Blend WPF projects, and have discovered a few anomalies in the way buttons display and behave.  When you mouse over a button, it takes on the window frame color, usually "Microsoft Blue".  Can I get rid of this irritating effect?  My buttons have colors not compatible with that blue.  Even worse, once you click the button, the button continually fades in and out, as if animated.  Is this standard for WPF?  It is also quite irksome and unnecessary.  The user does not want to look at flashing UI elements any more than absolutely necessary.

I have isolated the button by simply dropping one onto the WPF form and doing nothing else.  Then I run with F5 and click the button.  So I know the button is neither configured specially, nor firing any events, that would cause this behavior.
    Friday, May 15, 2009 8:10 AM

All replies

• You can just create any shape you want then make it into a button and customize it as you like when MouseOver or when Click
    Just choose whatever shape you like (Rectangle, Ellipse,..) then choose "Make Button" form the View menu

you'll notice the Button element in the Timeline panel just rigt-click it and choose edit Template
    Now you can edit the events as you like when the mouse over or clicked or whatever
    Friday, May 15, 2009 8:47 AM