Visual Studio And Xamarin + XCode Physical Device Instead of Simulator RRS feed

• Question

• User200049 posted

Good day,

I'm new in XCode. I'm creating a cross mobile platform app using Xamarin Visual Studio Windows. I can able to deploy and run the application that I created using XCode Simulator. I'm using iOS Simulator Preview in my windows. Everything seems to be fine on the simulator. The application is running and working on the xCode Simulator.

Since I'm new in XCode, is anyone here know how can I use the Physical Device instead of Simulator in XCode so whenever I run the application from Visual Studio Xamarin and run the app on the iOS, I can see my physical device(ex. IPhone 6s phone) in my iOS Preview in Visual Studio Xamarin Windows.

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, September 1, 2016 3:58 AM

Answers

• User12211 posted

It would appear you have not followed all of the steps in the guide. One of the steps is to download the profiles and certificates in Xcode.

Also, you should post the entire error message. What comes after "No provisioning installed" tells us whether you are missing provisioning profiles completely or you are just missing a specific profile or possibly something else. Half an error message is not helpful.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, September 1, 2016 2:47 PM

All replies

• User12211 posted

See Device Provisioning and Free Provisioning.

Thursday, September 1, 2016 4:19 AM
  • User200049 posted

https://developer.apple.com/account/ios/certificate/ is this page, where can I see the Certificates section from the iOS Apps column? Because that link just redirect me to my account page.

@David

Thursday, September 1, 2016 4:50 AM
  • User12211 posted

Which guide are you following? What step are you on in the guide?

Thursday, September 1, 2016 5:12 AM
  • User200049 posted

@David https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/ios/gettingstarted/installation/deviceprovisioning/ this one. Now I get an error in Visual Studio that says, No provisioning installed... I tried to run the application because I can able to see the name of the phone connected in Visual Studio Start button. But it's says, "No provisioning installed..." on the mac part.

Thursday, September 1, 2016 9:44 AM
  • User12211 posted

It would appear you have not followed all of the steps in the guide. One of the steps is to download the profiles and certificates in Xcode.

Also, you should post the entire error message. What comes after "No provisioning installed" tells us whether you are missing provisioning profiles completely or you are just missing a specific profile or possibly something else. Half an error message is not helpful.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, September 1, 2016 2:47 PM
  • User200049 posted

Yeah that one, error says "...missing of provisioning profiles" in the end.

Thursday, September 1, 2016 4:09 PM