none
Biztalk and unix RRS feed

• Question

•  

During the next year I will be doing some work to integrate our current sql server data with data from an hp unix box, can Biztalk help with this? If so where can I get some good infomation to get me started?
    Friday, March 21, 2008 3:09 PM

Answers

• We connect regularly to a Unix box to process information (both ways).  The FTP is one way, if it is a database that is sitting on that Unix server(say Oracle) you can also go directly against the db using the Oracle Adapter.  This is one of the improvements that we have made in our organization.  Previously all integration was in the form of files and then there would be several smaller "loader" applications that would basically consume a flat file and insert into the database.  This has given use the opertunity to retire some of these loader apps and let BizTalk go directly against the Db.

Monday, March 24, 2008 7:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Jon,

For BizTalk communicating UNIX scenarios, a common solution is using BizTalk FTP Adapter to communiate with a FTP server on UNIX. However the adapter only supports FTP server on the following OS:

Solaris 9.0, HP-UX, LINUX (Redhat 7.x), IBM O/S 390 running MVS, AS400 OS/400 V5R1, Microsoft Windows 2000 Server Service Pack 4, Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server Service Pack 4, Microsoft Windows Server 2003.
    What Is the FTP Adapter?

To have a general overview of BizTalk Server, yYou can start from the following MSDN link:

Thanks.
    Monday, March 24, 2008 12:25 PM
  • We connect regularly to a Unix box to process information (both ways).  The FTP is one way, if it is a database that is sitting on that Unix server(say Oracle) you can also go directly against the db using the Oracle Adapter.  This is one of the improvements that we have made in our organization.  Previously all integration was in the form of files and then there would be several smaller "loader" applications that would basically consume a flat file and insert into the database.  This has given use the opertunity to retire some of these loader apps and let BizTalk go directly against the Db.

Monday, March 24, 2008 7:56 PM