none
Wish licence do I need?

Question

• Hello,

I am working for a company and like to develope a small tool in C#. I thought to use Visual Studio for that, but I wonder wish licence do I need now?

We (the company I am working for) aren't developing software, so we do not need a development enviroment all the time. Just now for this small project for intern usage. Could it be okay to use Visual Studio Community for that?

I hope you could helb me soon.

Thank you,

Konstantin

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 2:44 PM

All replies

• Hi ! 

This is what you should know about companies conditions for using VS Community :

For organizations

An unlimited number of users within an organization can use Visual Studio Community for the following scenarios: in a classroom learning environment, for academic research, or for contributing to open source projects.
    For all other usage scenarios:
    In non-enterprise organizations, up to five users can use Visual Studio Community. In enterprise organizations (meaning those with >250 PCs or >$1 Million US Dollars in annual revenue), no use is permitted beyond the open source, academic research, and classroom learning environment scenarios described above.

You have all informations in this link : https://www.visualstudio.com/license-terms/mt171547/

Hope it will be useful.

If it's good for you, can you mark this answer as answer of your question please?

Please remember to close your threads by marking helpful posts as answer and then start a new thread if you have a new question. Please don't ask several questions in the same thread. SVP utiliser le Marquer comme reponse; sur les reponses qui vous aide car cela permet aux personnes qui peuvent rencontrer le meme probleme que vous, de retrouver rapidement quelle est la reponse qui a resolu leur probleme. De plus, cela encourage aussi la personne qui a repondu a votre question, et de repondre aux suivantes...

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 2:50 PM
  • Hi K. Lanfermann,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

>>Could it be okay to use Visual Studio Community for that?

For your question, generally speaking, VS Community can be used for commercial purpose.

You could absolutely use the it to develop a small tool for your company internal use.

Reference:

Organization licenses:

If you are an organization, your users may use the software as follows:

Any number of your users may use the software to develop and test your applications released under Open Source Initiative (OSI) approved open source software licenses.

Any number of your users may use the software to develop and test extensions to Visual Studio

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 8, 2016 7:24 AM
  • Hi Konstantin,

We haven’t heard from you for a couple of days, I believe that you understand the VS Community License term clearly.

If you think my reply is helpful, please mark my reply as answer, it will benefit other community members who have similar doubt and question.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 16, 2016 7:48 AM