Input Pane (touch keyboard) causes text box to lose focus

Question

• I have an app that I modeled after a split App.  In the controlssection, I have several controls.  When in touch mode, if you tap into a text field, the touch keyboard comes up and the focus is moved to the itemlist control.

I have tried several things to resolve it.  I trap the showing event for the inputPane and save the currently active control in the session.  

Apparently, when the Input Pane is displayed, a resize is triggered.  This resize ends up triggering an event in the navigator that then calls the split page updateLayout function.  As part of the flow for THAT function, focus IS set to the itemlist control and I have tried changing it so focus would be set to the active control that I had saved in my session (I verified that the control is the one I expect).  But doing this does not work.   

How can I get focus to remain in the text box control when the input Pane is invoked?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Karen

Friday, April 24, 2015 5:18 PM

All replies

• Hi K Healey,

Could you please share your layout with code snippets? I've made a little change in Split App, but I couldn't reproduce this issue, here is my xaml code:

split.html:

<div class="splitpage fragment">
            <header aria-label="Header content" role="banner">
                <button data-win-control="WinJS.UI.BackButton"></button>
                <h1 class="titlearea win-type-ellipsis">
                    <span class="pagetitle"></span>
                </h1>
                <form>
                    Search:<br>
                    <input type="text" name="search">
                    <br>
                </form>
            </header>

<div class="itemlistsection" aria-label="List column">

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, April 27, 2015 11:09 AM