none
VBA errors after upgrade to office 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a stock database in Access 2013 with added functionality like ordering. This worked great until the company upgraded office to 2016. Now I get an "loading in DLL error" error when  I use "Set dbs= CurrentDb".

Also the shell command returns errors.

How to solve these issues?

Monday, October 30, 2017 3:18 PM

All replies

• Hi IdemiaTechie,

This is a forum which discussed about SQL Server. Because your problem is more related to Access for developers, I will help you moving it to the Access for developers forum.

Best Regards,

Teige

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 31, 2017 2:16 AM
  • I can't recall..... did you enable Macro in Access Option? Or is there any Security Location path set?

Tuesday, October 31, 2017 8:21 AM
  • You may have missing references. To check that, on the machine where 2016 is installed open the database, then open the VBA Editor, and click Tools - References. Are any of those references marked as MISSING? If so, you'll have to resolve that before you can proceed. If you post back the refs that are missing, we might be able to help.

Also - are you referring to any 3rd party DLL files in your code (like Adobe Acrobat, for example). If so, those must be available on the machine, and must be compatible with 2016.

-- Scott McDaniel, Microsoft Access MVP

• Proposed as answer by Terry Xu - MSFT Wednesday, November 1, 2017 7:00 AM
    Tuesday, October 31, 2017 1:14 PM