Migration from LS2012 to LS2013 DB Update not working RRS feed

• Question

• I migrated from LS 2012 , In LS2012 I used to update the set parameter with keys like :
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <parameters> <setParameter name="DatabaseAdministratorConnectionString" value="" /> <setParameter name="DatabaseServer" value="" /> <setParameter name="DatabaseName" value="MedicalCore1.2" /> <setParameter name="DatabaseUserName" value="" /> <setParameter name="DatabaseUserPassword" value="" /> <setParameter name="LSUserLookupWCFService2.ProxySecurityDataService2" value="Data Source=xxxxx\SQL2012;Initial Catalog=MedicalCore1.2;User ID=sa;Password=xxxxx" /> <setParameter name="MedicalCore_IisWebApplication" value="Default Web Site/MedicalCore" /> </parameters>

but now in LS2013 I'm not able to find the first 5 parameters in set parameter file , the file now only contains the parameters: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <parameters> <setParameter name="MedicalCore_IisWebApplication" value="Default Web Site/MedicalCore2013" /> <setParameter name="LSUserLookupWCFService2.ProxySecurityDataService2" value="Data Source=xxxx\SQL2012;Initial Catalog=MedicalCore;User ID=sa;Password=xxxx" /> </parameters>

How could I update my client database with update script (different between dev. DB and his database) ?

Note: I notice that there is a new file in LS2013 produced in the package folder ".dacpac" file but I don't know how to use it!

Sunday, March 9, 2014 8:47 PM

All replies

• HI,

To publish updates to the application, update the Application version on the General Properties page of the Application Designer. Run the LightSwitch Publish Application Wizard again. The next time that the user runs the application they will automatically see the new version.

When you publish updates, you don't need to republish the database unless you change the schema. To prevent the database from being republished, open the LightSwitch Publish Application Wizard, go to the Data Connections page, and then clear the Generate the SQL database script check box.

For further information: Deploying LightSwitch Applications

hope it helps.

Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, March 10, 2014 7:39 AM
  • Thank you Angie for reply , but this what I did exactly ,

1- I update the version from 1.10 to 1.11

2-Republish again

3-in the publish wizard I select to publish on disk

4-in data connections I check "Generate the SQL database script" checkbox 

5-I select "update an existing database" option

6-I select the old database "before the updates" in the connection string 

7- Finally I publish the project 

When I check the published files and ran the file MyProject.deploy.cmd /Y , I get the application updates in the IIS but the database didn't get updated 

Saturday, March 15, 2014 8:26 PM
  • Hi Ahmad

You can enable trace and look at the client-server request-response info to understand what is causing the failure: Diagnosing Problems in a Deployed 3-Tier LightSwitch Application (Eric Erhardt).

hope it helps.

Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, March 21, 2014 9:37 AM