Infopath Form Developed in 2007 version and not opening in 2010 version RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I developed Infopath Form in 2007 version with full trust by created a certificate also. Published the same to SP2007 site. If anyone try to open the form from FormLibrary which is located in SP2007 site, it is working fine for the users who have installed Infopath2007 version. But couldnot open the form who has infopath2010 version.

The above error is throwing. Please help me on this.Thanks

Monday, April 23, 2012 2:09 PM

All replies

• Hi Rehman,

According to your snapshot message, your form templates that require full trust. so, please try the following steps in your Infopath 2007.

Try to check this setting in InfoPath 2007.

The Menu -> Tools -> Form Options -> Security and Trust -> uncheck "Automatically determine security level" and select Full Trust - >OK.

Thanks,

Jack

Thursday, April 26, 2012 3:17 PM
  • Hi Rehman,

Since you state that users who have InfoPath 2007 installed can open forms but only users who have InfoPath 2010 install cannot open the form my suspicions are that your network/AD folks have enabled the InfoPath 2010 specific policy that disables the opening of fully trusted InfoPath templates.  InfoPath 2007 had policies that could be applied based on zone but InfoPath 2010 has one that simply disables fully trusted templates.  You should be able to find it here:

software\policies\microsoft\office\14.0\infopath\security

You can also check this and other 2010 policies at the below location.  It includes a spreadsheet that has a listing of the policies.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=18968

Regards, Aaron Suoja - Microsoft Online Community Support

Thursday, April 26, 2012 3:58 PM
  • Hi Jack,

Yes, i did the same you suggested earlier itself. I given full trust and signed my company's certificate. I am using managed code too.

Friday, April 27, 2012 6:31 AM
  • Hi Aaron,

Thanks for ur Reply, Yes i got a new answer but i couldn't find the path you mentioned above. Can you give exact path to find the "security" and please explain what to do when we go to that path.

Thanks

Rehman

Friday, April 27, 2012 9:26 AM
  • Hi Rehman,

You or your domain admins should be able to look at this in the Group Policy Management Editor by selecting the policy managing user software.  Under User Configuration - Policies - Administrative Templates - Microsoft InfoPath 2010 - Security you should find a setting "Disable fully trusted solutions full access to computer".

The GPO policies will affect only those applications they cover - at least when it comes to Office (from my limited experience and testing).  So if your domain admins have Office 2007 policies set such that under 2007 users can open fully trusted templates but ALSO have Office 2010 policies in place as well which are set to deny opening of fully trusted templates then users who have 2007 will be able to open them while those users with 2010 will not.

Regards, Aaron Suoja - Microsoft Online Community Support

Wednesday, May 2, 2012 4:03 PM
  • Hi Aaron,

I couldn't able to find the "User Configuration - Policies - Administrative Templates - Microsoft InfoPath 2010 - Security" location in GPO policies. I checked in so many of my colleagues machines. Is there any alternative solution for this to check. Please kindly help me out, since two months i have been worrying by this issue.

Thanks

Rehman

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 11:20 AM
  • Here is your solution, hope it will work for you!

Open Infopath>File>Options>Trust Center>Trust Center Setting>

Select the option at bottom of Page as

Allow fully trusted forms to run on my computer. And now run the form.

Monday, November 19, 2012 6:53 AM