LiveTile for Win8.1 Not Working When App Purchased from Store

Question

• When I deploy my app SecretSanta from the Store the LiveTile does not work. It also does not work if I deploy the app as a sideload.

The LiveTile does work if I deploy using Visual Studio (Debug or Release Mode). 

I don't understand what I can do to debug this and how to figure out what I am doing wrong.

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 12:23 AM

Answers

• Hi Dannydwarren,

There is not enough information for me to know what happened on your code. Can you build a new project to test this code and to see whether the problem is persists? Code from MSDN, refer to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/xaml/jj991805.aspx.

Check the capabilities and declarations in appxmanifest first to avoid the permissions issue. Check the cloud service URL to see whether the app cannot read content from that URL. Add some log messages to your project to see the execution situation at runtime.

If these doesn’t help, please send me a sample project for reproduction, use your OneDrive and share a link here.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 7:25 AM