none
Acces Queries RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know how to stop Access from adding parenthesis to queries that I generated programmatically? It keeps adding parenthesis in the wrong place which is changing the output of my queries. Please advise.

Thanks

Noel

Monday, December 21, 2015 5:07 PM

Answers

• Does anyone know how to stop Access from adding parenthesis to queries that I generated programmatically? It keeps adding parenthesis in the wrong place which is changing the output of my queries. Please advise.

Hi Noel,

How are the queries programmatically generated? This could be done in several ways. Do you use the SQL property of a QueryDef?

All my queries are completely dynamically generated, without using QueryDefs, and so without all that strange parenthesis.

You could define your QueryDefs without the WHERE part and the ORDER part, and add these parts dynamically.

Imb.

Monday, December 21, 2015 6:02 PM

All replies

• can you give us an example?

peter n roth - http://PNR1.com, Maybe some useful stuff

Monday, December 21, 2015 5:42 PM

Hi Noel,

How are the queries programmatically generated? This could be done in several ways. Do you use the SQL property of a QueryDef?

All my queries are completely dynamically generated, without using QueryDefs, and so without all that strange parenthesis.

You could define your QueryDefs without the WHERE part and the ORDER part, and add these parts dynamically.

Imb.

Monday, December 21, 2015 6:02 PM