none
Query unique values access web app issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have created a query using access web apps that inner joins several tables and I have enabled the Unique Values toggle, however there are still duplicate values being returned. Is there a known issue with this functionality or something that would prevent it from working?

Best,

Ed

Thursday, December 3, 2015 4:20 AM

Answers

• actually in your sample post there are no duplicates !  

the $90 records are not identical because there is no received date in one of the records.....

• Marked as answer by Ed Knueppel Friday, December 4, 2015 3:27 AM
    Thursday, December 3, 2015 2:13 PM
  • My next question would be, is there any way to just show one of those records, the most recent payment received record?

Yes, instead of Group By use Maximum on the date.

Build a little, test a little

Friday, December 4, 2015 12:15 AM

All replies

• actually in your sample post there are no duplicates !  

the $90 records are not identical because there is no received date in one of the records.....

• Marked as answer by Ed Knueppel Friday, December 4, 2015 3:27 AM
    Thursday, December 3, 2015 2:13 PM
  • Okay that makes sense.

My next question would be, is there any way to just show one of those records, the most recent payment received record?

I know I can use Top set to 1, but there will be more than one consumer, so I would want to show 1 from each, being the most recent payment.

This would be easier to do if it was a straight SQL query, because I could use DISTINCT, but I don't believe there is anyway to do that in Access Web. If I were to access this in Azure SQL, could I do that?

• Edited by Ed Knueppel Thursday, December 3, 2015 11:32 PM
    Thursday, December 3, 2015 11:28 PM
  • My next question would be, is there any way to just show one of those records, the most recent payment received record?

Yes, instead of Group By use Maximum on the date.

Build a little, test a little

Friday, December 4, 2015 12:15 AM
  • I think that worked for me. Now it is showing the max date for each Service, which is exactly what I need! Thanks Karl!

If you have any advice for this thread it would be greatly appreciated:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/27fdd695-668c-41de-9bec-2cd4ca35ee56/upgrade-access-web-app?forum=accessdev

• Edited by Ed Knueppel Friday, December 4, 2015 3:27 AM
    Friday, December 4, 2015 3:03 AM