none
Remote name could not be resolved - Azure PowerShell Containers

    Question

  • Hello, everyone!

    I've been getting PowerShell errors since last Thursday whenever I attempt to create a regular storage container in a storage account.

    New-AzureStorageContainer : The remote name could not be resolved: 'microsoft.windowsazure.commands.servicemanagement.m
    odel.storageservicepropertiesoperationcontext.blob.core.windows.net'
    At C:\TestLab.ps1:141 char:10
    +     else{New-AzureStorageContainer -Name ($VMName).ToLower() -Con ...
    +          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : CloseError: (:) [New-AzureStorageContainer], StorageException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : StorageException,Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Commands.Storage.Blob.Cmdlet.NewAzureStorageCont 
       ainerCommand

    The storage account creates ok, I can obtain my storage context just fine. If I create these containers in the Portal, everything works well. I can manipulate the containers just fine if they're created in the portal.

    The exact command I'm using is:

    if(Get-AzureStorageContainer -Name ($VMName).ToLower() -Context $StorageContext -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue){"$VMName Container Exists"}
        else{New-AzureStorageContainer -Name ($VMName).ToLower() -Context $StorageContext}



    • Edited by BMOT1 Monday, August 31, 2015 2:58 PM
    Monday, August 31, 2015 2:57 PM

Answers

  • Resolved!

    I caught my mistake. It was in the context. I'll summarize here in case anyone else has this issue.

    Here's how I built my context originally:

    $StorageAcct = Get-AzureStorageAccount -StorageAccountName $StorageAcctName
    $StorageKey =(Get-AzureStorageKey -StorageAccountName $StorageAcct.Label).Primary
    $StorageContext = New-AzureStorageContext -StorageAccountName $StorageAcct -StorageAccountKey $StorageKey

    What you'll notice is that my storage account has been stored as a variable. When I create my storage key, I specify the label attribute of the storage account as the storage account name given to -StorageAccountName

    "$storagekey= (Get-AzureStorageKey -StorageAccountName $StorageAcct.Label).Primary"

    When I built my context, I was not specifying the .label attribute of the storage account name. This caused the New-AzureStorageContext name to be given the wrong info. I needed to specify the .label on that command as well.

    Here is what my context should have looked like.

    $StorageAcct = Get-AzureStorageAccount -StorageAccountName $StorageAcctName
    $StorageKey =(Get-AzureStorageKey -StorageAccountName $StorageAcct.Label).Primary
    $StorageContext = New-AzureStorageContext -StorageAccountName $StorageAcct.Label -StorageAccountKey $StorageKey


    • Marked as answer by BMOT1 Monday, August 31, 2015 3:29 PM
    • Edited by BMOT1 Monday, August 31, 2015 3:29 PM
    Monday, August 31, 2015 3:29 PM