how to create exe file in visual studio 2012 RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have developed a project in visual studio 2012 using c# . Now i would like to create exe file . but i need to do some configuration during installation eg: organisation name that should be permanent for that installation and can't be changed . and it not ask again when ever we open that app.
    • Moved by DuncanP Thursday, March 14, 2013 10:44 AM
    • Moved by Jack Zhai-MSFTMicrosoft contingent staff Friday, March 15, 2013 6:59 AM Move to a more appropriate forum.
    • Changed type Bob Wu-MT Thursday, April 4, 2013 8:19 AM the issue is unclear and most likely a third party tool issue
    Wednesday, March 13, 2013 5:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Boopathi,

I involved the ClickOnce and Setup & Deployment Projects expert to further look at this issue. I am moving your thread into the ClickOnce and Setup & Deployment Projects Forum for dedicated support. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, March 15, 2013 6:59 AM
  • I have developed a project in visual studio 2012 using c# . Now i would like to create exe file . but i need to do some configuration during installation eg: organisation name that should be permanent for that installation and can't be changed . and it not ask again when ever we open that app.

Hi Boopathi,

I'm not sure what do you mean by organisation here. However, Visual Studio installer is no longer supported in Visual Studio 2012. You must used some third party tools to create a msi package. Please give more details about this tools, so I can redirect to the correct forum.

Best Regards,

Bob Wu
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, March 15, 2013 8:09 AM
  • You can create the exe file by building the application.

So I'm not clear what you're asking. Are you asking for advice about how to install the application? If so, what kind of application is it? Is it a web application, a windows forms application, a WPF application, a Silverlight application, a Windows service?

RobinDotNet

Click here to visit my ClickOnce blog!
    Microsoft MVP, Client App Dev

Sunday, March 24, 2013 8:31 PM
  • The problem is that after compilation and linking I cannot find bin folder or exe , there are debug and release folders and no exe inside them

medhat

Thursday, August 13, 2015 9:00 AM
  • I need executable file of the project to test without the IDE because I need more memory. ok.

medhat

Thursday, August 13, 2015 9:02 AM