none
PowerPoint 2007 SP2 doesn't load the browser object. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

First of all I am comparatively new to VSTO world so my question might be lame.

I have created an add-in for powerpoint. My Addin loads a browser object when powerpoint goes to slideshow mode.

It works fine with MS Office 2010 and 2013. Now when I am testing the same with 2007, it is not loading the browser object.

Code

browser = oSld.Shapes.AddOLEObject("color:#a31515;font-face:Consolas;font-size:small;">"Shell.Explorer", Link:=Microsoft.Office.Core.MsoTriState.msoFalse)

browser.Name = "abc"

browser.OLEFormat.Object.Object.Navigate("about:blank")

varURL = hostname & "/dashresult/"& reskey & "#/"& reskey & "/2/2/2"

browser.OLEFormat.Object.Object.Navigate(varURL)

'set browser on the top

browser.ZOrder(Microsoft.Office.Core.MsoZOrderCmd.msoBringToFront)

Is it something which I need to change in registry to make this working with Office 2007?

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 3:22 AM

Answers

• Hi Harsh,

I am trying to rerpduce the issue in PowerPoint 2007, however failed. I suggest that you insert the web broswer control manually to see whether this control works well.

If not, I suggest that you try to update or repair the Office 2007 to see whether it is hlepful.

Here is the code for the testting:

Set broswer = Application.ActivePresentation.Slides(1).Shapes.AddOLEObject(1, 1, 100, 100, "Shell.Explorer", link:=msoFalse)
    Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, August 13, 2015 2:57 AM