Conflict between Beta IAP and regular app IAP RRS feed

• Question

• Long time ago I released beta version of my app to test in-app purchase (IAP). At that time I gave it the same id as in main app. There were no conflict.

Now, after upgrade to new store, I released new version and it's not working anymore.

When I try to do "Upgrade" from my app in store, the IAP cannot be found. When I run it locally to debug connecting to the store, IAP from Beta appears, and there seems to be no options to change it.

At this point I would just better remove any trace of Beta app and Beta IAP from store, but there is no way to do it either. If I introduce completely new IAP, people who already bought it will be forced to by it again. Granted, it's not exactly popular app, and just few users actually bought IAP. But that makes them even more valuable to me, I want to be nice.

Any suggestions how to handle it? I'm kind of stuck.

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 3:22 AM

Answers

• Looks like I figured it out. ProductId in manifest was from Beta version of my app. Which didn't matter before, but looks like matters now. Updated ProductId in my manifest and released app again, seems to fix the problem.
    • Marked as answer by maxal Tuesday, July 28, 2015 3:35 AM
    Tuesday, July 28, 2015 3:35 AM

All replies

• I have a similar issue. I have a retail and beta version of my app and I have the IAP's named the same on both so that the IAP code doesn't need to be revised between version compiles.

Now that my projects have been merged into the new store, the beta IAP's don't seem to be working. They are listed in my Dev Center under the Beta app but when I try to click into the properties of them, I get a "The webpage no longer exists" message.

In my beta app when trying to purchase the IAP's it returns a message that the item can't be found in the windows store. I tried to add a new IAP with the same ID but I get an error saying it already exists. I can't delete the old non working ones so I'm not sure where to go from here.

Any insight from the Microsoft team on what we should be doing to keep our beta apps IAP's working?

Thanks for any help.

Thursday, July 23, 2015 5:30 PM
  • At least you have production version working, in my case beta is working but production doesn't.

I added some AppInsight debugging for this to see how it works on device. It boils down to this method:

varli = awaitCurrentApp.LoadListingInformationAsync(); returning empty list. Even though I added new IAP, to try to switch to new one moving forward. So, I have two IAP now, one with the name that conflicts with beta, and one brand new, and still got empty list of IAP for this app.

Friday, July 24, 2015 4:04 AM
  • So today I noticed the links are now working for my IAP's in the Dev center. I am able to view them and modify/review etc.

So I tested it again in my beta app on my phone and the app still couldn't find them. On a hunch and experience with past IAP issues I uninstalled and reinstalled my beta app and the IAP's are now working again.

I believe they fixed whatever the problem was with my IAP's in the store since yesterday and I had to do a fresh install to get them to start working.

Hopefully yours gets resolved soon too, maxal. Good luck!

Friday, July 24, 2015 3:30 PM
  • Thank you, the IAP link is working on Dev portal, but app still not working, even after re-install. I will wait and try again. Thanks for your updates.

So, you currently back to where you were? IAP both for Beta and public apps with the same name and both of them work? If so, I hope it will be fixed for as well.

Friday, July 24, 2015 6:53 PM
  • Yes maxal, I never changed a thing. Same Product ID on both public and beta app IAP's and all of them are working. Microsoft fixed something on their end.
    Friday, July 24, 2015 7:14 PM
  • I still have same problem, app doesn't see IAP. Anyone have any advice? Don't see even whom to contact.
    Saturday, July 25, 2015 2:43 PM
  • Looks like I figured it out. ProductId in manifest was from Beta version of my app. Which didn't matter before, but looks like matters now. Updated ProductId in my manifest and released app again, seems to fix the problem.
    • Marked as answer by maxal Tuesday, July 28, 2015 3:35 AM
    Tuesday, July 28, 2015 3:35 AM