none
Email Alert is NOT working for this forum?? RRS feed

• Question

• Sorry to post here

My email alert was working, but it stops working since 23-24 Nov 2010.

<input checked="checked" name="alwaysSubscribe" type="checkbox" value="true" /> <label for="alwaysSubscribe">Always Alert Me By Default When I Post Always Alert Me By Default When I Post</label>
    Your configured email address is: '** '. (Unsubscribe) (Change)
    • Moved by Tom Li - MSFT Thursday, November 25, 2010 9:24 AM (From:SQL Server Spatial)
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 1:12 PM

Answers

• Hi All,

The Alerts were down for a couple of days from 11/22 to 11/25. From 11/25, the system was fixed but it probably took a good 12-24 hours to clear up the queue backlog. So things should be ok now. We are taking some steps to ensure this doesn't happen again. Thanks for reporting the issues everyone.

Shrikant Maske, Tier 2 Application Support, Server and Tools Online Operations Team
    Wednesday, December 1, 2010 6:30 PM

All replies

• Check the forum announcement/message in the top RIGHT corner of the forums. It says you need to update your account settings with your email address, once more. 

They've changed the forums, so u need to re-add your email address to receive alerts.

-Pure Krome-
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 9:09 PM
  • I had set it up using the message. It is NOT available on the top right corner. When I go to My Settings. The alert is enabled. But no email is sent to my account now. When I click My Alerts, it should all alert-enabled questions, but the emailing is not working.

Thursday, November 25, 2010 12:20 AM
  • @Kingofwebguru - the correct place to post such issues is in the Forum support forum: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/reportabug/threads

From a quick glance at the recent posts there, it seems that you're not the only one having this issue.

Beginning Spatial with SQL Server http://www.apress.com/book/view/1430218290
    Thursday, November 25, 2010 7:41 AM
  • hi kingo,

i have same problem,

Vote As Helpful My email alert was working, but it stops working since 22 Nov 2010
    and my points don't grow.

.Net adventurer

If (a post answers your question) {please click " Mark As Answer" and "Mark as Helpful" on that post} 

Thursday, November 25, 2010 1:39 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. There is is known issue. We are looking into this and will update soon on the status of this issue.

Thanks for your co-operation.

SachinW Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Operations Team
    Thursday, November 25, 2010 1:44 PM
  • Hi All,

The Alerts were down for a couple of days from 11/22 to 11/25. From 11/25, the system was fixed but it probably took a good 12-24 hours to clear up the queue backlog. So things should be ok now. We are taking some steps to ensure this doesn't happen again. Thanks for reporting the issues everyone.

Shrikant Maske, Tier 2 Application Support, Server and Tools Online Operations Team
    Wednesday, December 1, 2010 6:30 PM