none
Azure Marketplace RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All!

We are currently using Citrix storefront for our end users to remotely access applications we have on premise. The question I have is the Azure marketplace a feasible replacement?  It looks like you can add applications that are on premise as well. If you can let me know or provide documentation on this that would be great!

Thanks!

Thursday, August 23, 2018 8:11 PM

All replies

• Azure Marketplace is an online applications and services marketplace. Customers (mostly IT pros and developers) can discover, try and buy cloud software solutions built on Azure or built for Azure. The catalog, includes over 8,000 listings, contains Azure building blocks like Virtual Machines (VMs), APIs and Solution Templates, and SaaS Apps. Refer this document for better understanding. 

Microsoft Azure allow us to add on premise applications, Could you provide more details on your on-premise application(s) that you are intending to host?

If you want to publish your application globally, you could go with Azure Marketplace so that all the Azure users can access it. And if you want to publish it by limiting user access to only specific user then you can have an application registration with Azure AD or application registration with Azure AD B2C for more customers.  

If you are looking to publish your app in azure marketplace Suggest you to refer the doc how to publish your app in azure marketplace.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this answer was helpful, click “Mark as Answer” or “Up-Vote”. To provide additional feedback on your forum experience, click here

• Proposed as answer by paliwal richa Friday, August 24, 2018 7:21 AM
    Friday, August 24, 2018 7:20 AM
  • Great info!  Yes I would like to publish an on-premise application just for our employees not for public use. 
    Friday, August 24, 2018 12:42 PM
  • Is it only for web applications?  What if I wanted to publish an application that does not have a web portal?
    Friday, August 24, 2018 12:43 PM
  • Yes, for publishing application with Azure AD you must provide URL. Could you please let us know in Citrix store how you were publishing and accessing your application?

Saturday, August 25, 2018 10:59 AM
  • Just checking in if you have had a chance to see the previous response. We need the following information to understand/investigate this issue further.

Tuesday, August 28, 2018 5:36 AM