Customize QueryableFilterRepeater RRS feed

• Question

• User-600235206 posted

Hi

Currently QueryableFilterRepeater just renders the label and corresponding UI control next to each other. I woudlike to display them in a table format to get better look. Please point me to some example on this.

Thanks

Hari

Tuesday, January 4, 2011 10:49 AM

Answers

• User-330204900 posted

Hi Hari, at the momnet there is no easy way of doing this as you cannot inherit from QueryableFilterRepeater and create you own, I am looking into a way of doing this but I have no timescale on when it will be complete.

for now I would try uising CSS and <br /> you can easily create a single column table but no a multi column.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 11:41 AM
  • User-330204900 posted

Hi Biga, I just use spans like this:

<asp:QueryableFilterRepeater runat="server" ID="FilterRepeater">
    	<ItemTemplate>
    		<span class="filter"><asp:DynamicFilter runat="server" ID="DynamicFilter" OnFilterChanged="DynamicFilter_FilterChanged" />&nbsp;</span>
    	</ItemTemplate>
    </asp:QueryableFilterRepeater>

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 8:24 AM

All replies

• User-330204900 posted

Hi Hari, at the momnet there is no easy way of doing this as you cannot inherit from QueryableFilterRepeater and create you own, I am looking into a way of doing this but I have no timescale on when it will be complete.

for now I would try uising CSS and <br /> you can easily create a single column table but no a multi column.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011 11:41 AM
  • User-600235206 posted

Thank you . I was able to as below. Do you see any side effects of this?

<table class="searchTable" cellpadding="2">
                        <asp:QueryableFilterRepeater runat="server" ID="FilterRepeater">
                            <ItemTemplate>
                                <tr>
                                    <td>
                                        <asp:Label runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("DisplayName") %>' OnPreRender="Label_PreRender" />
                                    </td>
                                    <td>
                                        <asp:DynamicFilter runat="server" ID="DynamicFilter" />
                                    </td>
                                </tr>
                            </ItemTemplate>
                        <tr>
                            <td>
                                &nbsp;
                            </td>
                            <td>
                                <asp:Button ID="searchButton" runat="server" Text="Search" OnClick="SearchButton_Click" />
                            </td>
                        </tr>
                    </table>
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 11:51 AM
  • User-330204900 posted

Hi Hari, that should work fine, the issue is you can only get one column in the table if you want more then it's not an easy option. 

Tuesday, January 4, 2011 11:58 AM
  • User443262777 posted

Do you think it might be possible to render content by means of using an XML file containing your columns definitions? Even though I am not an expert in XML I have seen that you can play with XSD, XPath and XQuery to render HTML code. I am just thinking out loud. Thank you <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 11:10 PM
  • User-330204900 posted

To improve layout we will need an advanced Filter Repeater this is very basic almost a step backwards from the original, I plan to look into it soon. 

Thursday, January 6, 2011 6:02 AM
  • User-1336852631 posted

I know this is an old thread, but in case anyone is interested I managed to get my filters on a single row using the following table layout:

<table style="width: 863px" border="0">
                        <tr style="overflow: auto">
                                <ItemTemplate>
                                    <td style="vertical-align: middle; text-align: right; font-size: 11px;" width="85px"
                                        nowrap="nowrap">
                                        <asp:Label runat="server" Text='  <%# Eval("DisplayName") %>' OnPreRender="Label_PreRender" />
                                    </td>
                                    <td style="vertical-align: top; text-align: left; font-size: 10px;" nowrap="nowrap">
                                        <asp:DynamicFilter runat="server" ID="DynamicFilter" OnFilterChanged="DynamicFilter_FilterChanged" />
                                    </td>
                                </ItemTemplate>
                    </table>

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 8:18 AM
  • User-330204900 posted

Hi Biga, I just use spans like this:

<ItemTemplate>
    		<span class="filter"><asp:DynamicFilter runat="server" ID="DynamicFilter" OnFilterChanged="DynamicFilter_FilterChanged" />&nbsp;</span>
    	</ItemTemplate>

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 8:24 AM
  • User-1336852631 posted

Cool - thanks Steve

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 9:45 AM