Why LoadMoreItemsAsync is not called RRS feed

• Question

• I am creating a bigger app, so I can't post whole code. So I have uploaded it over SkyDrive. The problem I am facing is when I do web service call and try to bind data to GridView using ISupportIncrementalLoading, the data is not getting bound. But when I bind data normally it's showing. 

When I set items source with normal service call it works but when I try with incremental loading it's not working.

In the project please check class FeedViewModel. You will get to know what's the problem.

• Edited by Xyroid Thursday, October 3, 2013 12:38 PM
    Thursday, October 3, 2013 11:59 AM

Answers

• Hi Xyroid,

I have reviewed your sample. And you are using ISupportIncrementalLoading wrongly. If you need to enable the incremental Loading in your application, you have to set ISupportIncrementalLoading data as ItemSource for GridView not the ordinary collection. i have modified the sample and check the sample under following location,

Sample: Modified Sample

Regards,

Riyaj Ahamed I

• Marked as answer by Xyroid Friday, October 4, 2013 1:12 PM
    Friday, October 4, 2013 7:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Xyroid,

It looks like you have several projects on your SkyDrive. Can you let us know which one demonstrates this issue?

Also make sure that the GridView you are binding to is set up to permit virtualization. See the XAML data binding sample for an example.

--Rob

Friday, October 4, 2013 12:23 AM
  • The app I am developing is for Windows 8, not 8.1. The project name is IncrementalLoadingProblem. Rob, I highly recommend you to check out my code manually. Thanks!
    • Edited by Xyroid Friday, October 4, 2013 6:47 AM
    Friday, October 4, 2013 6:46 AM
  • Hi Xyroid,

I have reviewed your sample. And you are using ISupportIncrementalLoading wrongly. If you need to enable the incremental Loading in your application, you have to set ISupportIncrementalLoading data as ItemSource for GridView not the ordinary collection. i have modified the sample and check the sample under following location,

Sample: Modified Sample

Regards,

Riyaj Ahamed I

• Marked as answer by Xyroid Friday, October 4, 2013 1:12 PM
    Friday, October 4, 2013 7:30 AM
  • Hi Riyaj, thanks a lot for prompt solution :)
    Friday, October 4, 2013 1:12 PM