none
Limit the number of rows in ssrs matrix report RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Anybody could explain in detail how to limit the number of rows per page in ssrs matrix report.??

I know how to limit in table report now I want to know about matrix report..

appreciate for quick response...

Best Regards,

Tuesday, May 9, 2017 7:31 AM

Answers

• Hi ds_999,

For matrix report, we are dealing with the groups in each row already so it is not so Stratford to control the row number per page as the table does. During the test in my environment, we can use page breaks inside the group with expressions to limit the matrix row number per page. Below are my steps: 

Step1: Adding a Matrix report. 

Step 2: In the Row Groups Pannel, click the row group. (In my case, the row group is “Customer”). Then in the Properties panel on the right, expanding the property “Group” >> expanding “PageBreak” >> Set “”Break Location” to “End” >> Set “Disabled” with the expression below: 

=IIF(RunningValue(CountDistinct("Tablix3"),Count,"Tablix3") mod 3=0,false,true)

Noted in the expression above, you need to make a slight modification based on your scenario. First, You need to replace the “Tablix3” with your own matrix name. (You can find the matrix name by choosing the matrix, then its name will display in the Properties panel). Next, you can replace the figure “3” with the row number per page you want. 

When I preview, I can see every three rows will show in one page. 

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
    Henry 

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Henry Jiang Thursday, May 11, 2017 9:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by ds_999 Saturday, May 13, 2017 7:06 AM
    Wednesday, May 10, 2017 8:29 AM