none
Access 10 The properties sheet has disappeared. RRS feed

• Question

• The properties  sheet will not show  when I click the icon or right click on a form, as it used to.  This appears to have happened  shortly after an automatic update of Office 10 a couple of days ago, though I can't be sure that is the cause. I am running Windows 10.

Any solution?

Max Wilkinson

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 5:08 PM

Answers

• Do you mean to say that you can no longer view form properties when your form is viewed in design mode?  What happens when you press the F4 key when your form is in design mode?

-Bruce

• Marked as answer by David_JunFeng Monday, January 25, 2016 5:46 AM
    Wednesday, January 13, 2016 8:28 PM
  • >>>The properties  sheet will not show  when I click the icon or right click on a form, as it used to.

Office 2010 can work in Win 10, however, note that you must have installed latest Office service packs.
    When you open other database, does the "Property Sheet" pane show in the design view? Have you tried to open the access in safe mode?( Go to Start -> Run -> type msaccess/safe)

In addition you could either repair it or reinstall it.

Thursday, January 14, 2016 8:02 AM
  • As a sanity check... have you verified that it is not minimized/narrowed to the point that it is barely showing at the border of the Access window?

Miriam Bizup Access MVP

• Marked as answer by David_JunFeng Monday, January 25, 2016 5:47 AM
    Thursday, January 14, 2016 10:20 AM
  • This happened to me, too. Threw me for a loop. Took a while to figure it out.

It appeared to me that the form had grown extra-wide while viewed in design mode. The property sheet was there, but it had located off the screen to the right where I could not see it. Using the scroll bars, I had to scroll the form far to the right to get to the right edge of the form. The properties sheet appeared when I got to the edge of the form (with the Properties button selected in the ribbon, of course).

I un-docked the property sheet while working on the form so that it was accessible while I did a quick update to the form. I have not gone back in to change it back yet.

Hope this helps.

Friday, January 15, 2016 7:05 AM

All replies

• Do you mean to say that you can no longer view form properties when your form is viewed in design mode?  What happens when you press the F4 key when your form is in design mode?

-Bruce

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 8:28 PM
  • >>>The properties  sheet will not show  when I click the icon or right click on a form, as it used to.

Office 2010 can work in Win 10, however, note that you must have installed latest Office service packs.
    When you open other database, does the "Property Sheet" pane show in the design view? Have you tried to open the access in safe mode?( Go to Start -> Run -> type msaccess/safe)

In addition you could either repair it or reinstall it.

Thursday, January 14, 2016 8:02 AM
  • As a sanity check... have you verified that it is not minimized/narrowed to the point that it is barely showing at the border of the Access window?

Miriam Bizup Access MVP

Thursday, January 14, 2016 10:20 AM
  • This happened to me, too. Threw me for a loop. Took a while to figure it out.

It appeared to me that the form had grown extra-wide while viewed in design mode. The property sheet was there, but it had located off the screen to the right where I could not see it. Using the scroll bars, I had to scroll the form far to the right to get to the right edge of the form. The properties sheet appeared when I got to the edge of the form (with the Properties button selected in the ribbon, of course).

I un-docked the property sheet while working on the form so that it was accessible while I did a quick update to the form. I have not gone back in to change it back yet.

Hope this helps.

Friday, January 15, 2016 7:05 AM