Office Javascript - Detect document Save RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm working on a Task Pane app for Word 2013 using the Office Javascript API.

I'd like to detect the "Save" event of a document in order to save some settings for the user.

Is this possible?

Monday, May 18, 2015 5:13 PM

Answers

• Hi Gonzalo,

As far as I know, there isn’t the JavaScript API for office to detect document save event.

Base on EventType enumeration, we can binding section change event, settings change event and so on.

I suggest that you could submit the user voice here.

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, May 19, 2015 6:42 AM

All replies

• Hi Gonzalo,

As far as I know, there isn’t the JavaScript API for office to detect document save event.

Base on EventType enumeration, we can binding section change event, settings change event and so on.

I suggest that you could submit the user voice here.

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, May 19, 2015 6:42 AM
  • Hi Starain, thanks for the response.

I've tried binding to the different CustomXmlPart events (NodeInserted, NodeReplaced, etc. Which could actually solve my problem) but the event handlers are never hit.

Could you please provide a working example of such bindings?

Tuesday, May 19, 2015 11:38 AM
  • Hi Gonzalo,

Your new issue is not directly related to the original issue, it would be better if you open up a new thread for the new question. In this way, our discussion here will not deviate too much from the original issue. This will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

There is an article about nodeInserted event that may benefit you:

# CustomXmlPart.nodeInserted event (JavaScript API for Office)

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/fp142248.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396  

Regards

Starain

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 2:53 AM