Visual Studio License will renew but will not work

General discussion

• License will renew however Visual studio will no longer run my app I am working on. Tells me unable to activate please try later. If Microsoft wants app for windows 8 why would you need to renew a license once a month. Know I can no longer work on my app 

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 1:45 AM

All replies

• Try uninstalling the app from the Start screen and run from Visual Studio again.
    Wednesday, June 19, 2013 2:31 AM
  • That worked!

Thank you so much.

My experience with windows 8 has been that all the copy protection is killing the honest people. Been have problems with installs with windows 8 and logins etc...   (and I am a MCSE). The best part is I could get a pirated copy of Win 8 and other software from a torrent and could avoid all of this. I have been having so many problems related to this; I might just have do that. Some of the problems are still not solved after 3 months. I can not image the average person trying to solve win 8 problems; The technical support line is a joke, the last guy logged in to my computer and it would not reboot after that LOL; I had to reinstall the system. I think MS has to follow Apple when it comes to this stuff, average guy looks at the trouble and runs to Apple.

Thanks one more time.

Joe 

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 9:32 PM