search box missing and giving error on search RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

suddenly search box in my sharepoint site disappear, and when i have added search webpart and try to search i am geting this error.

i have reastarted search service but still no luck. can someone please advice me some solution.its very urgent.

Thank you

sandip

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 12:03 AM

Answers

• Can you lookup the correlation id in the ULS logs and see what is going on there?

Have you tried running search in a different web app?

- Sid

• Marked as answer by sandip Dwivedi Friday, February 17, 2012 2:30 AM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 1:15 AM
  • Hi Sid,

Internal server error exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.    
     at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.WebControls.CoreResultsWebPart.SetPropertiesOnQueryReader()    
     at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.WebControls.CoreResultsWebPart.OnInit(EventArgs e) System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.    
     at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.WebControls.CoreResultsWebPart.SetPropertiesOnQueryReader()    
     at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.WebControls.CoreResultsWebPart.OnInit(EventArgs e)

this is wt it says..

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 4:23 AM
  • can you create another search centre (basic or enterprise) and test it there?

- Sid

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 4:41 AM

All replies

• Can you lookup the correlation id in the ULS logs and see what is going on there?

Have you tried running search in a different web app?

- Sid

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 1:15 AM
  • Hi Sid,

Internal server error exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.    
     at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.WebControls.CoreResultsWebPart.OnInit(EventArgs e) System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.    
     at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.WebControls.CoreResultsWebPart.OnInit(EventArgs e)

this is wt it says..

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 4:23 AM
  • can you create another search centre (basic or enterprise) and test it there?

- Sid

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 4:41 AM