Embed Word Doc then embed CR Database field RRS feed

• Question

• User1539991539 posted

Is it possible to embed a Word OLE in a detail section and then drop a database field into the word doc?

I can paste the content of the word doc into the details section and fake a logo with a screen grab, but my
    higher ups don't like having to emulate the company logo with a picture instead
    of it being in the actual document.

Inside the document is a mail-merge field representing the claim number. It needs to be embedded as it grows and
    shrinks with the number value.

I'd like to exhaust my options before telling them they can't have both the embedded doc and a database field embedded
    in that.

Tuesday, July 14, 2015 3:55 PM

All replies

• User-1157115462 posted

I'm not a Crystal Reports expert, but if a 3rd party tool is an option for you, I would strongly suggest you to take a look into Docentric Toolkit. It is document generation and reporting toolkit that uses Word documents as templates. It has very powerful templating options and features and it can also work with sub documents. It features a "Sub Document" tagging element that allows you to embed documents into a master (template) document at report generation time.

Thursday, July 23, 2015 9:03 AM