W8DP Metro apps will not launch?

Question

• Metro apps will not launch? the tile seems to click but none of them will do anything. Anybody else having that problem?

Thursday, September 15, 2011 3:06 PM

Answers

• Metro apps will only launch properly if you have 1024x768 minimum resolution. Even something like 1900x600 won't work due to lack of rows. If you have an acceptable resolution, it's something else. But this seems to be the most common issue. Netbooks, widescreen monitors, etc. 
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 3:08 PM

All replies

• Metro apps will only launch properly if you have 1024x768 minimum resolution. Even something like 1900x600 won't work due to lack of rows. If you have an acceptable resolution, it's something else. But this seems to be the most common issue. Netbooks, widescreen monitors, etc. 
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 3:08 PM
  • Thanks, I had this same issue and reinstalled a couple of times as a result.  I forgot that I went in and upped the screen resolution from the Desktop the first time. I thought it was odd my Dell D630 laptop defaulted to 800x600. I thought maybe Windows 8 wanted the tiles that big. lol.
    Saturday, September 17, 2011 11:36 PM
  • Say what now? Okay I get the fix, but something that is meant to run on a tablet or similar device needs to have a min vert resolution of 768?  Umm... I can see the point but what about the promise that any system that currently runs Windows 7 will run Windows 8?  I guess I can run Windows 8, just can't do anything with it?
    Sunday, September 18, 2011 3:35 PM