Discount Manager promo coupon issue 2002/SP2/FP1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm new to Commerce Server so be gentle :)

My Marketing Manager has just asked me to do the following:

"I would like to run a promotion which offers customers the chance to redeem a coupon worth $20.  I would like to have about 5000 of these coupons that can only be used once by the user they are issued to i.e. each coupon has a unique code."

I've been told another colleague that this functionality doesn't work in 2002/SP2/FP1. So, was this a bug fixed in SP4 (and do I need to re-apply FP1 after) or would this need custom code?

Thanks

Ken

Tuesday, March 13, 2007 1:58 PM

Answers

• Hi Ken,

Single-use promotion codes were one of the core scenarios for the promotion code feature introduced in FP1.  This should work in FP1; I'm not aware of any bugs in FP1 that would preclude it from working.  If you were to encounter blocking bugs for a core scenario like this, you could engage with Microsoft Support to get a hotfix.

Note that the promotion code feature does not exist in the base CS2002 product and requires FP1.  But installing FP1 disables some scenarios in the marketing system, specifically the CSF selection and display of discounts.  The feature is fully included in CS2007 and does not have these limitations in CS2007.

As to your question about SP4 - you install SP4 on top of either base CS2002 (e.g. SP3) or on top of FP1 - it applies the appropriate patch in both cases.

Thanks and regards,
    -David

Monday, March 19, 2007 8:28 PM