Does 'reverse' timeline work for anyone? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm getting very frustrated with the 'reverse' feature in objects and timeline.  I create a sophisticated animation, manipulating a lot of elements (30+ elements) for morphing a window into a new interface...  then I copy the timeline and reverse it, so when the user clicks 'save' or 'cancel' the window unmorphs back into the original movie...except the animation always gets completely messed up.  It is a real time waster to tweak the reverse out so it works because a) it won't be the exact reverse of the original without a LOT of comparisons and b) if i change anything in my original forward animation, i have to change/add it to the second reverse, instead of just deleting the reverse, re-copying my original and reversing that after updates. 

Is there a trick to this tool?
    Purkiss
    Wednesday, September 24, 2008 3:17 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi No need to copy the Timeline and Reverse it

you have to make the storyboard AutoReverse=true

check my article i have shown in the example for "Mat Expandable Animatin"
    http://www.codeproject.com/KB/WPF/WITIYMIWYG.aspx
    • Proposed as answer by prasad22 Monday, December 15, 2008 11:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lori DirksModerator Thursday, January 15, 2009 2:17 AM
    Sunday, November 30, 2008 8:01 AM
  • what is the behaviour for the autoreverse tag?  Will it adhere to the mouseEnter & mouseLeave event?  I use reverse movies and when the mouseLeaves, play the reversed movie to undo my mouse over effect. 
    Purkiss
    Monday, December 8, 2008 11:47 PM
  • Dear Purkiss

Can you see which part of you animation is getting messed up?

Does the reversed animation end up where it started at least?

I have used the reverse feature with some success, but on simpler animations.

If you want the reverse animation to be triggered by MouseLeave/MouseEnter events, the Autoreverse tag probably isn't what you are looking for. It works perfectly for time-gated animations, though...

Regards

Carien
    Tuesday, December 9, 2008 9:56 AM
  • Carien,

Thanks for your reply.  That's what I thought.  I've actually gotten pretty good with the animations.  If I make significant changes to a forward timeline, i'll erase my reverse, reduplicate it, reverse it, and then tweak it.

Where the real problem comes from is changing the state from collapsed to visible, or when a keyframe on an element starts midstream instead of the beginning or end;  reversing that is problematic.  With some manual tweaks, it works OK though.  I *wish* there was a better way...but I've accepted this for now, and have gotten the hang of it.

Thanks
    Purkiss
    Tuesday, December 9, 2008 2:25 PM