none
using SetDefaultEndpoint() method to set the default playback device crashes Virtual machine with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE Error. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I got stuck in a problem.I am using Windows API SetDefaultEndpoint() method to change default playback device in my application.While testing my application in different virtual machine environments(Windows 7 32 bit,windows 8 32 bit), it crashes the Virtual machine with the error stating "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" or sometimes machine hangs.Please suggest me solution to get rid of this problem.Is this the similar case would happen on the real physical machine or the problem with virtual environment only.Your suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

meenakshi

Thursday, February 14, 2013 12:19 PM

Answers

• you need to contact oracle about support for this issue since it is their virtualized audio device which is causing the problem

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 6:23 AM

All replies

• Which app is hosting the vm?

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, February 14, 2013 3:19 PM
  • Oracle VM virtual box is hosting the VM environments.

Thanks

meenakshi

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 4:34 AM
  • you need to contact oracle about support for this issue since it is their virtualized audio device which is causing the problem

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 6:23 AM