none
Cannot find City 'Stuttgart' RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am currently encountering a problem when searching for locations and using query.

I am using following query (cannot enter URL, cause account is not verified)

?q=Germany%20Stuttgart&key=BING_Map_Key

But the response only contains the region 'Southern Germany', but above mentioned URL works fine for most other cities I tested (e.g. Esslingen). Is there a better way to get addresses within Germany?

Thanks a lot
    • Edited by SubNatural Tuesday, November 19, 2013 3:21 PM
    Tuesday, November 19, 2013 3:20 PM

Answers

• You have the country and city order mixed up. Switching them to "Stuttgart Germany" works. Adding a comma between them works as well and also reduces the chances of both words being confused as one part of the address. "Stuttgart, Germany". Also,, if your app is focused on Germany consider adding a culture code to your query such as &c=de This will help the geocoder a lot as the default culture code is en-US.

http://rbrundritt.wordpress.com

• Proposed as answer by Ricky_Brundritt Tuesday, November 19, 2013 4:09 PM
    • Marked as answer by SubNatural Tuesday, November 19, 2013 4:58 PM
    Tuesday, November 19, 2013 4:09 PM

All replies

• You have the country and city order mixed up. Switching them to "Stuttgart Germany" works. Adding a comma between them works as well and also reduces the chances of both words being confused as one part of the address. "Stuttgart, Germany". Also,, if your app is focused on Germany consider adding a culture code to your query such as &c=de This will help the geocoder a lot as the default culture code is en-US.

http://rbrundritt.wordpress.com

• Proposed as answer by Ricky_Brundritt Tuesday, November 19, 2013 4:09 PM
    • Marked as answer by SubNatural Tuesday, November 19, 2013 4:58 PM
    Tuesday, November 19, 2013 4:09 PM
  • That's the solution. Thanks a lot, I just needed the GeoCoordinates so setting the culture code isn't necessarily needed, but I also added it. Thanks for the hint
    • Edited by SubNatural Tuesday, November 19, 2013 5:00 PM
    Tuesday, November 19, 2013 5:00 PM