none
How to Create an Add-in from VBA module - Project 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I am new at vba coding, but i have made a few "macros" for Project.

My last one is for a customer that works with Project 2007.

I created a module and a form that is using as an input to data (duration time).

My question is how can i pack it as an Add-in or in some way that i can just add it to a few users on their MSP client.

(Without copying or importing the module files into the VBA editor)

I want to have an Add-in and to add a button to the toolbar (which is not a problem)

thanks

Ofir

Ofir Marco , MCTS P.Z. Projects

Thursday, July 31, 2014 7:10 AM

All replies

• Hello Marco,

To create a true add-in you'd need to rewrite it in Visual Studio, but if all you want to do is share your VBA work with some users, a better solution could be to give them a copy of the global file (Global.mpt) which contains your work.

That then gives you two solutions:

1. They can then copy this into their profile to replace their existing global file and they'll have the exact same set-up as you've got, including the 2007 custom menu options. I've previously written a batch file which did this copying for them.
    2. If the user double clicks on the global.mpt file, then the Organizer will appear enabling them to migrate your content in (although I'm not sure this will bring in your menu options - I can't remember how the 2007 Organizer handles this, and I no longer have a copy to try it).

Thanks,

Andrew

Andrew Simpson
    Founder – Eversight Ltd

E: info@eversight.co.uk
    W: www.eversight.co.uk

Download Eversight for MS Project — a free add-on which helps users build high quality schedules with MS project.

Monday, August 4, 2014 4:06 PM