none
Powerpoint Automatic Table of Contents RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, everyone,

I would like to get some wisdom from this community on how to tackle the following challenges :

1. Is it possible to insert a VBA code in the developer tab in Powerpoint to automatically readjust  and update a table of contents any time I delete a section ? How?
    2. Is there any possibility to protect a section or a slide in Powerpoint , in order to avoid any unwanted change in content or design?

Thanks in advance for any input that you can offer me,

Sara Guimarães

• Moved by Reed KimbleMVP Tuesday, June 26, 2018 12:00 PM VBA in VB.Net
    Tuesday, June 26, 2018 9:55 AM

All replies

• You've posted to the VB.Net language forum.  VB.Net is different than VBA.  I will move your thread to a forum that deals with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).

Reed Kimble - "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Tuesday, June 26, 2018 12:00 PM
  • Hello Sara Guimaraes,

>>Is it possible to insert a VBA code in the developer tab in Powerpoint to automatically readjust  and update a table of contents any time I delete a section ? How?

As far as I know, It maybe impossible to do this in VBA. First, PowerPoint Object Model does not provide events for deleting section. Although we could use SlideSelectionChange event to monitor sections count to confirm if any section is deleted, there is another issue that the code could not be trigger automatically.

Not like Word or Excel, power point does not provide a built-in class module such as ThisDocument or ThisWorkBook. So we could not binding our event to application automatically.

As a result, we have to manually to run a macro to bind our event to the application or I would suggest you try to create a PowerPoint VSTO add-in to to this work.

>>Is there any possibility to protect a section or a slide in Powerpoint , in order to avoid any unwanted change in content or design?

This issue is more related to PowerPoint product feature, I would suggest you post the issue on Office 2016 and Office 365 ProPlus - IT Pro Discussions

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 27, 2018 2:28 AM