none
append List item title to HTML Select using JS in sp2013 RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello,

I have one issue please if any one help more appreciated.:)

There is one normal list and in that items

If i will open any item, form will open and in the form there is one document library added and “new document” link is there so i browse and i need to choose document and click ok after that there will be one form open and there are columns.

In that one column named “Related Event”

As i said before i am opening list item then i am adding new document.

Actually, In that list same column is there means in list its “Title” and in library its “”Related Event”

so, which ever item i am opening that item “item name”=”Related Event” name should come there in the “Related Event” column instead of selecting From drop down menu to which item i should add document.

If we see from document view if we add document ,of-course we need select option to choose which item we are adding document.

but if we are adding through the list item directly, it should be add to exact that item only instead of asking me to choose that item through drop down.

Any possibility through java script and query or html.anything will be appreciated.

Note: Forms are added through front end.

Please any help will be really appreciated

Regards

VINAYAK BHANGALE

Friday, March 24, 2017 5:05 PM

All replies

• Hi Vinayak,

To make it simple, you want to pass title when you click on an item in a view. If this your question use JS link to update your view field template. You can refer the following link for example and will help you further if needed.

https://code.msdn.microsoft.com/office/Client-side-rendering-JS-2ed3538a

Please provide me additional details if my assumption is wrong.

Thanks,

Venkat Konjeti

Friday, March 24, 2017 5:25 PM
  • Hello Venkat,

Thank you for your reply

I will explain the issue with example screenshots.

I have opened list below is the list and there are items and for example i will open test999

After opening test999 item the Form will be open and in that form one document library is linked as you see below screenshot and if I click on new document link

I will get like this below  to browse documents and I will browse some file and click ok

Then it will take me to that document library Form and if you see there are two columns. and in that  related event column is dropdown. And now as I opened test999 item, I need to select test999 through dropdown to add document into test999 item .

But I want that as i opened from list and I opened  'test999' item in the 'Related event' it should directly display 'test999' instead of selecting from dropdown manually the value 'test999'

I hope it is clear now with the screenshots, Can you please help me for this how to do and any exact sample code

Thanks in advance for your reply.

VINAYAK BHANGALE

Monday, March 27, 2017 8:37 AM
  • Hello Venkat,

I have explained the issue with screenshots.

And if any one aware of this issue, please do not hesitate to reply on this issue,

Thanks in advance for your replies

VINAYAK BHANGALE

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 7:08 AM