none
Price changes without package update RRS feed

• Question

• I like to experiment with pricing (trial/no trial, sales, starting price), but as far as I can tell, I need to create a whole new submission of the app, and wait many hours for it to be approved, to make these changes, even if my package and everything else remain the same. 

It seems odd that re-certification is required just for a pricing change.  Am I just missing something?  Are there any plans to improve this experience any time soon?

Saturday, October 5, 2019 1:47 PM

Answers

• Hi travis-mb,

Derive from document: Publishing

For new apps and updates which include changes to the app's packages, the publishing process will be completed within 24 hours. For updates that only change options such as Store listing details, but don't change the app's packages, the publishing process will take less than one hour.

>It seems odd that re-certification is required just for a pricing change. Am I just missing something?  Are there any plans to improve this experience any time soon?

This may take less than one hour to pass the re-certification without package changing.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by travis-mb Monday, October 7, 2019 11:22 AM
    Monday, October 7, 2019 2:34 AM

All replies

• Hi travis-mb,

Derive from document: Publishing

For new apps and updates which include changes to the app's packages, the publishing process will be completed within 24 hours. For updates that only change options such as Store listing details, but don't change the app's packages, the publishing process will take less than one hour.

>It seems odd that re-certification is required just for a pricing change. Am I just missing something?  Are there any plans to improve this experience any time soon?

This may take less than one hour to pass the re-certification without package changing.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by travis-mb Monday, October 7, 2019 11:22 AM
    Monday, October 7, 2019 2:34 AM
  • I'd find what you're describing acceptable, but it's not what I'm seeing.  I submitted just a price changed on 10/4, and now, on 10/7 it still says "Certification In Progress."

I might wait it out this morning and then open a case if it's still sitting there.

Monday, October 7, 2019 11:21 AM