none
Where is the Report Viewer in Visual Studio 2017RC

All replies

• Hi estutoriales,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Do you mean the ReportViewer control not display under Toolbox of the C#/VB --Windows Form or Web Form project in VS 2017? If so, I found we need to manually add this ReportViewer to Toolbox. Please follow the steps as below to have a test:

1. Right click in the Toolbox and select ‘Choose Items…’
    2. In Choose Toolbox Items windows, under .NET Framework Components there should have the ReportViewer options for web forms and win forms, select those checkboxs and click ‘OK’ button, it will add the ReportViewer to Toolbox.
    3. Under Toolbox, you will find the ReportViewer
    4. You can also right click the Toolbox and select ‘Add Tab’, name it ‘Reporting’, then right click the Tab name and select ‘Choose Items…’, reproduce the above steps to add the ReportViewer to this specific tab like the following screenshot:

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 6:38 AM
  • My problem is that when editing an rdlc it opens as if it were an xml instead of allowing me to edit it
    Thursday, February 16, 2017 11:05 AM
  • Hi estutoriales,

Thank you for your update and sorry for my misunderstanding.

Refer to your description, I found some community members already reported this issue to VS Product Team, please check this: VS 2017-RC report designer non-functional and you can have a try with the Best Solution that provided by Martin Petrov, download the following extension and install, then check this issue again.

https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=SqlReportingServices.MicrosoftRdlcReportDesignerforVisualStudio-18001

If the above method not works, please add a feedback in there, then waiting for the response from the VS product team engineers, thank you for your understanding. Meanwhile, I will also have a look at the progress of this issue.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by elmono10 Friday, March 31, 2017 10:08 PM
    Friday, February 17, 2017 2:04 AM
  • Hello

I tried the extension and I still have the problem. I have also tried installing SQL Management and it does not work either.

Will this be resolved in the final March release?

Thank you.
    regards
    Friday, February 17, 2017 9:44 AM
  • Hi estutoriales,

Unfortunately, that doesn't work and now we can only waiting for the feedback from the Visual Studio Product Team, the status of the above thread is ‘Triaged’, sorry for this inconvenience.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support

Monday, February 20, 2017 8:10 AM
  • it´s working in VS2017 Thanks for the resource
    Friday, March 31, 2017 10:08 PM
  • Hi elmono10,

Welcome to the MSDN forum and thank you for your sharing, it will help other community members to solve this issue.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support

Monday, April 03, 2017 1:38 AM
  • I can't see ReportViewer in Choose Toolbox Items
    Friday, November 03, 2017 3:49 PM
  • I have the same problem

Friday, November 03, 2017 3:56 PM
  • Hi Dang Binh Minh,

Please create a new thread for your question with the detail information like VS 2017 version, the reproduces steps and we will help you to research it, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, November 06, 2017 7:57 AM