SQL 2005 user information sys.syslogins and sys.server_principals RRS feed

• Question

• Hi question,

In SQL 2000, I'm using to pulling information such as when an account was created and last date password was changed. However in SQL 2005, I can't seem to find any good documentation on the following fields createdate, updatedate and accdate in sys.syslogins.
    The updatedate changes everytime the account logs into the sql server. The BOL defines it last time account was modified. Which is what was confusing.
    How does this compare with the createdate and modifydate in sys.server_principals.

Basically, I'm trying to audit certain accounts as to when the password for certain accounts were last changed (I'm familiar with the loginProperty for 2005) however, I'm just curious why the modifydate or updatedate changes when an account logs onto the SQL Server.
    Thanks,

Ryan
    Friday, October 9, 2009 8:01 PM

Answers

• The updatedate changes everytime the account logs into the sql server. The BOL defines it last time account was modified. Which is what was confusing. 
    This is not true ,
    The updated time changes only IF any of the proporties for that login is changed.
    Thanks, Leks
    Sunday, October 11, 2009 10:39 PM