Theme background not staying set after reboot? RRS feed

• Question

• Basic one. Installed an image based roughly on Minimal Configuration, and Aero works fine. However on every reboot, whatever I had set as the desktop background is gone and replaced with a blank black background. What do I need to alter to make sure the background image stays to whatever I set after a reboot?
    Saturday, August 13, 2011 1:38 PM

All replies

• sounds like your version has expired the eval time or is not genuie.
    "Mark/Propose As Answer" if you got one.
    Saturday, August 13, 2011 2:02 PM
  • Nope. Same happens on trial install and on 32-bit as well as 64-bit.
    Saturday, August 13, 2011 2:23 PM
  • This one has been discussed before. I don't have the old post link, but background for a custom shell cannot retain its setting. The custom shell has to set the background programmatically each time.

If you use Explorer shell, you will notice the background is not lost a reboot. 

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Saturday, August 13, 2011 4:39 PM
  • I found my old post o this - http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/quebecmisc/thread/4203f338-e753-4c2a-bdde-2d99b2d34692/#521458a6-ca39-488c-9d1f-e83c36a28387

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Monday, August 15, 2011 5:58 PM