Project not displaying correctly in SketchFlow Player RRS feed

• Question

• I have a feeling this is something very simple and very obvious - but I can't figure it out. The top of my screens are not appearing in the Player. It appears that the layout root is properly positioned with respect to the top of the screen - what am I missing? 
    Thanks in advance, Linda
    Friday, March 5, 2010 2:48 PM

All replies

• Could you post a screen shot?  It is difficult to be sure exactly what is happening without seeing it.
    Friday, March 5, 2010 3:57 PM
  • I can't find a way to include screen shots here. Is there? In the mean time, I posted a couple of pictures here:

These show what the screen looked like that I created.. and what portion of that screen is actually showing up in the player.
    Thanks for any help!
     -Linda
    Sunday, March 7, 2010 2:04 PM
  • Still looking for an answer - I'm sure it is something simple, but I haven't uncovered it yet and I need to demo some screens this afternoon. Help!!!
    Thanks! :) 
    Friday, March 12, 2010 5:44 PM
  • Sorry, somehow I didn't get a notification that someone had replied to this thread.

Are you using the SketchFlow Player or just a regular Silverlight project?

Could you post the xaml for that particular page here?
    Friday, March 12, 2010 10:13 PM
  • No problem, Chuck - thanks for getting back with me! I have a few more bits of information now, though I still don't know how to fix the problem. Maybe this info will help you with the diagnosis, though:
    • It is not a single page, it is every page.
    • It is every WPF Sketch project, but doesn't happen in Silverlight Sketch projects (this is my new discovery).
    • In Blend, when you open any page in a Silverlight project, the top of the page displays as you would expect in your artboard (i.e. - you are seeing the top portion of the page "above the fold" and would have to scroll down to see any content below the fold.)
    • In Blend, when you open any page in a WPF project, you are viewing the page mid-way down (just as is happening in the Sketchflow Player), and you have to scroll up to view the top portion of the page.
    I created a simple little page with some rectangles in WPF for this xaml:
    <UserControl
    xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"
    xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"
    xmlns:d="http://schemas.microsoft.com/expression/blend/2008"
    xmlns:mc="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/markup-compatibility/2006"
    mc:Ignorable="d"
    xmlns:ps="clr-namespace:Microsoft.Expression.Prototyping.SketchControls;assembly=Microsoft.Expression.Prototyping.SketchControls" x:Name="Screen_1_2_Name"
    x:Class="Express_WPFScreens.Screen_1_2"
    Width="1024" Height="1300">

<Grid x:Name="LayoutRoot" Background="White">
    <ps:SketchRectangleUC Margin="0,0,8,0" Style="{DynamicResource Rectangle-Sketch}" VerticalAlignment="Top" Height="95"/>
    <ps:SketchRectangleUC HorizontalAlignment="Left" Margin="0,99,0,646.873" Style="{DynamicResource Rectangle-Sketch}" Width="147"/>
    <ps:SketchRectangleUC Margin="160,99,136,0" Style="{DynamicResource Rectangle-Sketch}" VerticalAlignment="Top" Height="182"/>
    <ps:SketchRectangleUC Margin="160,302,136,0" Style="{DynamicResource Rectangle-Sketch}" VerticalAlignment="Top" Height="305"/>
    </Grid>
    </UserControl>
    Saturday, March 13, 2010 1:49 PM
  • Unless I am misunderstanding, your usercontrol is sized to be bigger than the available content size.  What you are seeing is your control showing up at 100% zoom.  There is a zoom slider in the SketchFlow player on the left hand bar which can resize the content displayed (your user control).

Is there a reason to make the content a static size that is bigger than the available area?  You could set a design height/width and make your content fill the available area if you want it as big as possible.
    Monday, March 15, 2010 7:06 PM