none
Import Excel file to Access hit "This property is not supported for external data sources or for databases created with a previous version of Microsoft Jet" error RRS feed

• Question

• I am importing an excel xlsx to Access 2013 through Import Spreadsheet Wizard and hit below error in final import step:

"This property is not supported for external data sources or for databases created with a previous version of Microsoft Jet"

I tried another machine which import same file to Access 2013 installed and can succeed. So I guess some configuration is different on my current machine with another one.

Any suggestion to further trouble shoot this kind of issue?

Thanks,

Jarod Zhu

Monday, May 23, 2016 3:53 PM

Answers

All replies

• >>>I tried another machine which import same file to Access 2013 installed and can succeed.

According to your description, I suggest that you could detect JET engine version, refer to below code:

Debug.Print "JET Version: " & DAO.DBEngine.Version

or you could update Access and install Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-sg/download/details.aspx?id=13255

• Marked as answer by David_JunFeng Thursday, June 2, 2016 5:35 AM
    Tuesday, May 24, 2016 5:29 AM
  • This sounds pretty weird.  Are you in a network environment with lots of people using Access simultaneously?  Is Access running some other process, perhaps?  Is the Excel file open?

MY BOOK

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 10:15 PM