none
Help! Netbook with Windows CE installed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I'm really grasping at straws, but we have bought a little netbook for my daughter birthday present , which I thought was going to be perfect for her, but we are trying to get into most sites that she goes on and they need a flash player, is there anyway of getting round this as the netbook will not let me install anything on to it keeps coming up with "this is not a valid CE application"

I tried downloading trial Windows CE embedded 6- but will not let do that either

Can you remove windows CE off it and install another OS?  Or is it going to be easier to cut my losses and buy another that will allow me to install flash

If anyone could advise I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Cat

• Moved by Sean LimingMVP Sunday, February 14, 2016 12:47 AM Finally get to move this to the correct forum
    Friday, March 12, 2010 6:09 PM

Answers

All replies

• This is Windows Embedded Standard 7 forumn. You should probably post in the windows CE discussions - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsembedded/dd897633.aspx . Thanks

Sampath
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 12:34 AM
  • the netbook with windows Ce can have flash player it uses the same as the Pockert PC. So google "flash lite for Pocket PC" and you will get a link and it will work on your netbook
    Monday, May 10, 2010 9:37 PM
  • did not work
    Monday, June 21, 2010 12:35 AM
  • hi i got a china 7- inch netbook but when i on it.it come to loading os image it will not come on
    Monday, December 6, 2010 10:19 PM
  • Thank you for posting this. We just bought 2 Netbooks with Windows CE on them. Trying to find information. Our kids love the fact they have their own computers and for the price, we didn't think we could go wrong. Now the kids have websites they like to visit but need Flash.
    Tuesday, December 14, 2010 9:01 PM
  • Thank you.  I tried downloading to an SD card but I am clearly computer challenged as I can't get it to run.  It simply says there is no application associated with it and I can't seem to get it to open in IE when I try.

Do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Judy

Monday, December 20, 2010 10:51 PM
  • Hi

I'm really grasping at straws, but we have bought a little netbook for my daughter birthday present , which I thought was going to be perfect for her, but we are trying to get into most sites that she goes on and they need a flash player, is there anyway of getting round this as the netbook will not let me install anything on to it keeps coming up with "this is not a valid CE application"

I tried downloading trial Windows CE embedded 6- but will not let do that either

Can you remove windows CE off it and install another OS?  Or is it going to be easier to cut my losses and buy another that will allow me to install flash

If anyone could advise I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Cat

Saturday, January 29, 2011 7:52 PM
  • WRONG FORUM! Please try one of the Windows CE forums: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsembeddedcompact

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Sunday, January 30, 2011 3:21 AM
  • thnx man and can i ask you something :

Can i check this sys in the removable disk or USB and to reboot to format this tip of looptop

the site is good i download that and i trust to format NetBook with the removable disk "USB"

Tuesday, March 1, 2011 8:41 PM
  • hi

did you ever solve this issue, i am currently trying to sort one out for my children so they can go onto cbeebies etc!

donna x

Sunday, December 25, 2011 5:37 PM