none
Create a site template for a website in a records center site collection RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

in our environment we have the following structure:

1. Site collection with the records center template
    2. A website with the records management template

From the website in the site collection I would like to create a custom site template. Therefore I disabled the publishing features for the site collection and for the website. For the creation of the template I use the following URL:

https://SPSITE/SPSITECOLLECTION/SPWEBSITE/_layouts/15/start.aspx#/_layouts/15/savetmpl.aspx

After I entered a name for the template etc. I hit ok, but SharePoint throws the error "sorry something went wrong".

Any help how I can archive this? :)

This is the log from one of our wfes:

03.11.2017 11:50:39.47 w3wp.exe (0x3E10) 0x2ECC SharePoint Foundation General ajlz0 High Getting Error Message for Exception System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Eine Ausnahme vom Typ "System.Web.HttpUnhandledException" wurde ausgelöst. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Fehler beim Kopieren der temporären Lösungsdatei in den Lösungskatalog: _catalogs/solutions/PSTest23.wsp     bei Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSolutionExporter.ExportWebToGallery(SPWeb web, String solutionFileName, String title, String description, ExportMode exportMode, Boolean includeContent, String workflowTemplateName, String destinationListUrl, Action`1 solutionPostProcessor, Boolean activateSolution)     bei Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.SaveAsTemplatePage.BtnSaveAsTemplate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)     bei System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)     bei System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)     bei System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)     bei System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)     bei System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)     bei System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)     bei System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()     bei System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)     bei System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()     bei System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) a9f2dc9d-e464-80e3-b71d-9205a7344703

• Edited by Twychopath Saturday, March 11, 2017 12:29 PM
    Saturday, March 11, 2017 12:25 PM

Answers

All replies