is appearing in front of a currency symbol(£) RRS feed

• Question

• User-563191090 posted

Hello people,

I have spent more than a day to find out why i am getting this problem on a VS2003 web solution. I have searched forums here and also on Google. Several people seems to have the same problem but couldn't find a solution to the problem. Let me explain the problem first:

I am using FormatCurrency and String.Format("{0:c}", Value) functions to format the currency values. When the value is displayed on the browser it is displayed with funny character on the front as £.

I tried the following solutions which were mentioned on forums but they didn't solvemy problem:

1. Saving the aspx page with Unicode utf-8 with signature setting.

2. In the web.config file under globalisation section  i have included the fileEncoding parameter to utf-8.

Can anyone help please?

Timms

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 7:48 AM

All replies

• User1416329745 posted

You are getting character conversion, try the link below for VS2003 localization.  Hope this helps.

http://www.aspnetresources.com/blog/unicode_in_vsnet.aspx

Saturday, August 19, 2006 10:25 PM
  • User-563191090 posted

Many thanks for your reply. After lot of digging around and reading the article you pointed I have found a very simple solution to the problem. I had apply my ASP skills finally to fix this. The solution is very simple, just add Response.ContentType as text/html and charset as utf-8.

Kind regards,

Timms

Thursday, August 24, 2006 9:09 AM