Unable to get a developer license

Question

•    Hi,

In my case the Task Scheduler is definitely running (I checked that) but still I'm getting exactly the same problem. At least there is exactly the same error in the Event Log. Do you have other ideas what might be wrong and how to fix the issue?

Thanks

Alex

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 2:00 PM

All replies

• Hi Alex,

It is unlikely you are running into the same problem on Windows 8 RTM as people were on the Consumer Preview. Please let us know which version of the OS you are running on and a full description of the problem you are seeing, including the exact steps you are taking, any error messages, etc.

--Rob

Thursday, November 15, 2012 2:26 AM
    Owner
  • Hi, I have Windows 8 Enterprise + Visual Studio 2012. No matter what way I try to get the developer license through the Visual Studio or using PowerShell it doesn't work. The interesting thing is that the first time the error message is different but all other times it is Exception from HRESULT: 0xC03F1014. See the PowerShell log below:

Windows PowerShell Copyright (C) 2012 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. PS C:\Windows\system32> Show-WindowsDeveloperLicenseRegistration Show-WindowsDeveloperLicenseRegistration : Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Windows.DeveloperLicense.Commands' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. At line:1 char:1 + Show-WindowsDeveloperLicenseRegistration + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Show-WindowsDeveloperLicenseRegistration], FileNotFoundException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : AcquireDeveloperLicenseException,Microsoft.Windows.DeveloperLicense.Commands.ShowWindows DeveloperLicenseRegistrationCommand PS C:\Windows\system32> Show-WindowsDeveloperLicenseRegistration Show-WindowsDeveloperLicenseRegistration : Exception from HRESULT: 0xC03F1014 At line:1 char:1 + Show-WindowsDeveloperLicenseRegistration + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Show-WindowsDeveloperLicenseRegistration], COMException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : AcquireDeveloperLicenseException,Microsoft.Windows.DeveloperLicense.Commands.ShowWindows DeveloperLicenseRegistrationCommand PS C:\Windows\system32> Show-WindowsDeveloperLicenseRegistration Show-WindowsDeveloperLicenseRegistration : Exception from HRESULT: 0xC03F1014 At line:1 char:1 + Show-WindowsDeveloperLicenseRegistration + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Show-WindowsDeveloperLicenseRegistration], COMException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : AcquireDeveloperLicenseException,Microsoft.Windows.DeveloperLicense.Commands.ShowWindows DeveloperLicenseRegistrationCommand

Alex

• Edited by Alex K M Thursday, November 15, 2012 2:19 PM
    Thursday, November 15, 2012 2:18 PM