none
duplicate an EDIFACT Segment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I would like to duplicate an EDIFACT Segment. When I rename the new Segment, the original segment is renamed as well and I get an error during the validation of the schema. I tried it with several schemas provided by BizTalk and I get always the same result

Any ideas?

KLaus

Thursday, September 27, 2007 11:55 AM

Answers

• On my VM it works well for the complex type without complex types inside it.
    The idea is you need to change the type for the target record and do not delete the inside nodes when you broke link with the source complex type.
    OK Then I suggest the simple manual recreating the segment record and the inside nodes in the Schema Editor. Just manually copy all parameters of the source elements to the target elements.
    Or open the schema in the Xml view and just copy the source complex type and rename it to the target type. Then create the target record and assign the new target type to it.
    Monday, October 1, 2007 4:28 PM

All replies

• Under each segmet lays the Complex type. You can find it in the "Base Date type" parameter for  new record. It should be the same as a "Data Structure type" parameter for the source record.
    If those values are the same that means you use the type of the source record to the new record.
    You can broke this link by changing parameter "Derived By" (for the new rec) to "Restriction. Then change parameter the "Base Date type" to the empty string.
    Friday, September 28, 2007 6:00 PM
  • Hi Leonid

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately your solution did not work. perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

In my schema (it's the original delivered by BizTalk) I cannot change the parameter "derived by" because it is inactive. I can only change this parameter when I change the parameter "content Type" to "Complex Type". The parameter "Base data type" cannot be changed. It is automatically changed from emtpy to "any type" when the parameter "content type" is changed

The problem is that every change I do in the the source segment appears in the new record as well (and vice versa)

Here are the steps I did to solve my problem

1. Copy RFF_2 Segment an paste it to the NAD Segment

2. Change parameter "Content Type" to complex Type

3. change parameter "derived by" to "Restriction"

4. rename NAD-RFF_2 Segment

result=> the source RFF_2 segment is also renamed and my probelm is still not solved.

Any suggestions?

Klaus

Monday, October 1, 2007 9:47 AM
  • On my VM it works well for the complex type without complex types inside it.
    The idea is you need to change the type for the target record and do not delete the inside nodes when you broke link with the source complex type.
    OK Then I suggest the simple manual recreating the segment record and the inside nodes in the Schema Editor. Just manually copy all parameters of the source elements to the target elements.
    Or open the schema in the Xml view and just copy the source complex type and rename it to the target type. Then create the target record and assign the new target type to it.
    Monday, October 1, 2007 4:28 PM
  •  Leonid Ganeline wrote:
    On my VM it works well for the complex type without complex types inside it.

Hello

Iam having the same problem.

I tried these solutions and validating schema and testing maps all runs well but when I build and Deploy and try to pass a MSG to the pipe that runs this map hit returns a error the famose Serialisation error -> unexpected segment.

I´m new at biztalk 2006 R2 or any biztalk but in the documentation of biztalk they say that we can modify existing Schemas, but till now I was unable to do this. I´m using the D01B schema.

So I´m running out off Ideias...

Can You help?

Monday, October 29, 2007 11:11 AM