none
Automating Excel Imports RRS feed

• Question

• Currently we manually export daily data from our POS system into DBF files that we print. An Excel spreadsheet is manually created with the data from the printouts.  I am trying to automate that.

So far, I have setup a batch script that runs from the Windows Job Scheduler to run the commands to create the DBF files.

I am losing focus as to what happens next.  I believe the next thing should be to auto-open an Excel sheet that contains macros to import the DBF files and to create a finalized daily Excel sheet (since this would be run every day).

Can an Excel sheet be called from a batch file and setup to execute the contained macros to import the DBF files?

Can those macros create a separate Excel sheet based on the data imported?

I am looking fo r a little guidance as to the correct way to handle this.

Thanks.

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 3:28 PM

All replies

• Hi geojf,

1) Can an Excel sheet be called from a batch file and setup to execute the contained macros to import the DBF files?

Yes, you can.
    You only need to write your Excel file name (workbook name) with full path in your batch file.
    When the batch file is opened, Windows automatically open Excel with your Excel file (by file association).

2) Can those macros create a separate Excel sheet based on the data imported?

I suppose, Yes. And I want the further information about 2).
    Could you explain more details?

Regards,

Ashidacchi -- http://hokusosha.com

Friday, January 17, 2020 4:57 AM