Payouts suspended for irregular activity? RRS feed

• Question

• I received a strange email stating that my pubcenter payouts were on hold while a "manual investigation of my apps" was underway, "due to irregular activity". The account number in the email, (I assume) begins with an X but does not match the X number I see within my account.

I’m hoping and expecting this is some sort of mistake and that the account or X number is not mine and the email was sent to me by mistake.

If this is not a mistake I'm frankly a little stunned and angered that I am being treated as some sort of fraudulent, dishonest developer. My games have been published since 2011 and some are very popular. The are featured often and one has over a million downloads and was a finalist in the AppStar contest. Game development on Windows Phone is my primary source of income; it's not just a side hobby. To have my primary source of income simply stop with no explanation or time frame is not something I can afford.

Perhaps this is some random audit, or is it something less common? Has anybody else experienced this? How long was your account on hold? What was the resolution?

Monday, September 30, 2013 10:46 PM

All replies

• Hi Nate! I also received such email. I've noticed that from the middle of August number of launches from India increased drastically (from 100 per month to 13k per month). If you have any statistics can you please confirm this information?

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 7:11 AM
  • Hello,

As part of our commitment to preserving the quality and integrity of our network, Microsoft performs routine reviews of the network traffic on all of our App Developers.  Some irregular activity was found on a few Apps, including yours, which requires investigation. A manual traffic review is being conducted in addition to our systematic publisher and advertiser protection systems so that we can reduce risk for our clients.

Until the investigation is finished, your payment will be on hold. As the investigation is currently underway, we cannot disclose any additional information.  Thank you for working with us to help preserve the quality and integrity of our network. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.

We will contact you again with the results of our investigation as soon as it is completed.

Thank you,

Same email here,wait for reply from Microsoft

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 7:41 AM
  • I received a strange email stating that my pubcenter payouts were on hold while a "manual investigation of my apps" was underway, "due to irregular activity". The account number in the email, (I assume) begins with an X but does not match the X number I see within my account.

I’m hoping and expecting this is some sort of mistake and that the account or X number is not mine and the email was sent to me by mistake.

If this is not a mistake I'm frankly a little stunned and angered that I am being treated as some sort of fraudulent, dishonest developer. My games have been published since 2011 and some are very popular. The are featured often and one has over a million downloads and was a finalist in the AppStar contest. Game development on Windows Phone is my primary source of income; it's not just a side hobby. To have my primary source of income simply stop with no explanation or time frame is not something I can afford.

Perhaps this is some random audit, or is it something less common? Has anybody else experienced this? How long was your account on hold? What was the resolution?

What is your game? You can link?
    Tuesday, October 1, 2013 7:43 AM
  • news??
    Thursday, October 3, 2013 8:11 PM
  • Any update?
    Monday, October 7, 2013 1:15 AM
  • Nate,

I received a similar email today.  I'm investigating right now and will let you know if I come up with anything.

-Daniel Gary

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 2:33 PM
  • Same email received today, could someone share some details? :\
    Wednesday, October 16, 2013 6:45 PM
  • Spoke with several MS reps.  So far I'm being told they can't give me any more information until the investigation is over.
    Thursday, October 17, 2013 7:26 PM
  • anything new??
    Thursday, October 24, 2013 10:28 PM
  • I received a response today letting me know that my account was no longer suspended and I would be paid the proper amount. No explanation as to what the issue was

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 6:05 PM