Use templates for creating web applications RRS feed

• Question

• User1019759463 posted

Here in the company where I work we will redo the entire layout of our web application. Some of those who are part of the interface redesign team suggest using templates available, for example, AspNetZero or Keenthemes. I would like to hear from you if it's a good choice to use these tools.

Friday, November 4, 2016 1:04 PM

All replies

• User1718973993 posted

well templates isnt a tool ...its just already prepared Views/Layout for the pages .......

Using Templates would be a good idea if you want your app to look and feel real good cos these templates are usually done by good designers,but you should carefully read each and every documentation as its important 

I myself use Templates for freelance works save a lot of time and provides with lot of options its a bless just make sure that you understand the HTML well before jumping into coding ....

AdminLTE is the one i use and recommend cos its clean free and got all you need  

Friday, November 4, 2016 1:32 PM
  • User347430248 posted

Hi Edurado Luiz,

first of all its upon your requirement which type of layout you want and what you have currently.

because you had mentioned that you want to redesign the some part of the web application.

means other part would be same as old one.

your old layout also contains the some designing so you need to think about that how will you merge them.

or if you are not able to merge them then how will you apply the new designing elements.

your application may consist simple web pages, master pages so think about all these things and then try to find the best suitable template or just some design code that you want to change in your current application.

lots of free templets and design code are available on internet in free. you can try to implement one in your app.

Regards

Deepak

Monday, November 7, 2016 12:18 AM
  • User1019759463 posted

Thanks, Rahul. I will analyze the AdminLTE. Thank you so much for your answer.

Monday, November 7, 2016 11:51 AM
  • User1019759463 posted

Deepak, na verdade eu não me expressei muito bem. Apesar de já utilizar HTML/CSS/Javascritp nas páginas atuais do sistema, vamos fazer ajustes nelas para que estejam atualizadas seguindo as melhores práticas e utilizando o que tem de mais atual. A ideia de utilizar templates veio de um funcionário da empresa mas nós não sabemos o quanto a utilização desses templates é comum. Por isso eu resolvi perguntar sobre isso. Mas a ideia é fazer essa evolução em todas as páginas do sistema e de forma gradual. Nós ainda estamos utilizando ASP e nós pretendemos migrar para ASP.NET.

Monday, November 7, 2016 12:03 PM
  • User1718973993 posted

just marked as answer if you are through with your problems 

KUDOS

Tuesday, November 8, 2016 6:26 AM
  • User347430248 posted

Hi Edurado luiz,

you had mentioned that,"The idea of using templates came from an employee of the company but we do not know how much the use of these templates is common."

using Templets is very common now days. because you not need to spend time to develop it.

it is already designed well according to the topic of the websites. so you just need to search the related templet that match with your site. like Templet for the Bakery.

so there are so many advantages to use templets. like mostly you can get it free, it enhance the look of your website, it saves your time of designing, you can modify it as per your custom requirement.

so it is good if you are trying to use it for creating a new web application.

but the point is your application is already exist, as you had mentioned HTML, CSS, JavaScript are available in your project already.

this all the things also comes with new templates.

and if you do not take care and implement it directly without understand it properly then it will create a lots of interface related issues.

if we take an example.

your old system contains a css class for body.

the new templets also contain this class for the body.

if you implement these both then which will take effect at run time?

here your designs will be overlapped by other design. you will not get proper consistent designing.

so overall it will not work as you desire and then you need to again start work with designing to correct it.

so to avoid this issue. first collect the requirements that you want to change.

and try to implement only that part of designing to your existing application from the new template and make sure it is not conflicting with your existing design in any way.

or you can try to modify your current design with the help of new template instead of merging it in your existing application.

Hope now you understand the thing that I want you to understand properly before making any changes to your project.

Regards

Deepak

Tuesday, November 8, 2016 7:33 AM