The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure App Service - Web Apps!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

Pulling Windows docker image from Jfrog Artifactory RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

Problem in short:

I have been trying to create web app that uses Windows docker image and pulls it from Jfrog Artifactory container registry (as private container registry).

Some background information:

Currently, I store Windows docker images in Azure container registry and pulling images from this registry to web app works.

However, when storing Windows docker images in Jfrog Artifactory Container Registry and pulling from there I get the following error:

ContainerRegistryBaseUrl is invalid. Unexpected error when connecting to the registry. Cannot find available registry. https://*****.jfrog.io

It is weird, because the error says that the docker container registry server URL is incorrect. However, I use exactly the same server URL with Linux docker image based web app, which works perfectly.

I am quite clueless why this error occurs and I have no ideas how to debug this. When it comes to using Windows docker images, there is also not much documentation when using private container registries.

Question:

What would you suggest to do in order to pull Windows based docker images from Jfrog Artifactory container registry? Should perhaps something be changed in Jfrog Artifactory container registry settings?

With Regards,

Carl Custav Mäeorg

Monday, July 1, 2019 9:01 PM

All replies

• Thanks for raising this question! Firstly, apologies for the delay in responding here and any inconvenience this issue may have caused. Kindly try the following steps to isolate the issue:  

1. For the private registry, please confirm that the username and password is correctly set.
    2. If you have created/managing your own registry, ensure that they support v2 of the Docker API.
    3. I understand pulling the images from the ACR works fine, additionally, just to isolate, with the same configuration check to see if a docker pull works locally.

Please let us know how the above goes or you need further assistance, we’ll be more than happy to assist you in performing a deeper investigation. Also, thanks for your feedback on the documentation for private container registries, I shall relay the feedback to the content authors.  

Saturday, July 6, 2019 6:48 PM